By Makayla Russell, Butterfly Troop 159
Penguins: do 3 requirements including the 2 starred:
*1. What is laughter? Why do we do it?
*2. Learn to tell at least 3 jokes and use them to make people laugh.
Otters: do 4 requirements including the 2 starred:
*1. Do Penguin requirements 1 & 2.
*2. What are 3 synonyms for laughter. How does each define what type of laughter is occurring?
Dolphins: do 5 requirements including the 2 starred:
*1. Do Otter Requirements 1 & 2
*2. Watch a movie that makes you laugh. Why do you find it funny?
Butterflies: do 6 requirements including the 2 starred:
*1. Do Dolphin requirements 1 & 2
*2. Learn about laughter customs and etiquette from at least 3 different countries.
Eagles do 7 requirements including the 2 starred:
*1. Do Butterfly requirements 1 & 2
*2. Find out what the health benefits are of laughter.
Owls: do 9 requirements including the 2 starred:
1.* Do Eagle requirements 1 & 2.
2.* Teach someone how to do a skill from this badge or teach some knowledge about this badge to someone. You can teach kids, your spouse, seniors, anyone, just as long as you are sharing your new found knowledge. If for some reason you cannot teach what you have learned to someone else, you may choose an additional 2 optional requirements instead.
- Watch the laughing scene in Mary Poppins
- Watch “Who’s on First” by Abbot & Costello or another old-fashioned comedy
- Find some quotes about laughter and rewrite them in your own words
- What are 3 jobs that use laughing
- Write a short story about laughing
- Go to a nursing home and make them laugh
- Do a service project to do with laughing
- Learn about a comedian that only uses clean jokes.
- Read at least 6 different funny comic strips (ex: Garfield, Peanuts, Baby Blues)
- Write your own comic strip
- Perform a skit that makes people laugh
- Play a laughter inducing game. This could be a silly board game, an action game, word game, etc.
- Watch vidoes of two of the following iconic comedians: Lucille Ball, Carol Burnett, Tim Conway, Harvey Korman, Jerry Lewis. How is their humor the same? How is it different?
- How do you express laughter when texting? What emojis are usually used? What texting abbreviations are used?