The S.T.E.A.M Award is designed to help girls explore science, technology, engineering, art, and math.
- Earn the Math badge at your current level
- Earn two different life science badge (biology, botany, human body, etc.) at your current level.
- Earn two physical science badge (physics, electricity, magnetism, etc.) at your current level.
- Earn two of the Man Made Wonders badge of your choice (tunnels, skyscrapers, bridges, etc.)
- Earn one outdoor science badge (trees, wildlife, wildflowers, Natural Wonders, etc.)
- Earn two different badges from the Art area and be able to explain how they could be used in technology designs.
- An engineer is a person who designs, builds, or maintains engines, machines, or public works. Make a list of at least 5 different types of engineers and describe what types of technology they design, build or maintain.
- A scientist a person who is studying or has expert knowledge of one or more of the natural or physical sciences. Make a list of at least 5 different types of scientists and describe what types of things they study.
- Earn the Biographies badge for a famous scientist, engineer, mathematician, or artist who designs technology such as bridges, cars, buildings, etc.
- Choose a piece of technology to design using art. Design your own car, building, boat, plane, bridge, etc. This can be a 3D model or a drawing or painting.
- Discuss how science, technology, engineering, art and math all work together to advance society. Choose 3 examples of modern engineering and list how each area of S.T.E.A.M. is needed in order to complete the whole. For example to create a bridge, you must understand physics and how gravity, weight, etc. will affect your bridge. Without the proper math calculations, your bridge will collapse. An artist will make the bridge beautiful and an engineer takes all the information from the scientists, mathematicians, and artists to design a bridge that is both beautiful and sturdy while modern technology and machines are needed to build it. The older the girl, the more in depth the analysis of each man made creation should be.